French Country Vacation Rentals & Paris Apartments

Protecting Your Travel Plans



Under French law, renters are responsible for the property and its contents during their stay and liability is not limited to the amount of the breakage deposit. European renters are required to be insured by a reputable company for personal liability - including risks of theft, fire and water damage - to cover their own claims as well as claims that could be made by the owner or neighbors.

AHIF strongly suggests that renters be insured for personal liability. To assist clients with this coverage, AHIF has partnered with Albinet Assurances, a well-respected French company providing personal liability insurance for vacation renters. The insurance package also includes coverage for rental cancellation or interruption.

For more information about this coverage, click the Albinet Assurances link below.

Planning a trip to France is a significant investment of time and money. Many of the arrangements you make, such as renting a home and airline tickets to mention just two, may involve nonrefundable payments.

To best protect nonrefundable airfare, rental fees and other nonrefundable costs, AHIF strongly recommends you purchase Trip Cancellation insurance. This type of insurance generally includes trip cancellation, trip interruption, lost and stolen baggage and emergency medical transportation. If you were unable to make the trip due to a medical emergency, an accident or other covered reasons, you would be reimbursed for these nonrefundable costs. As in all insurance policies, restrictions and exclusions apply.

For more information about Trip Cancellation coverage, click the Travel Insured link below.